Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I was a Teenaged Security Threat.





It seems like many people are putting in their two cents regarding TSA and pat-downs or what not, so I figure I should join in:

Even pre-9/11 I have always been a target for Airport Security. In Nice, they stopped me 3 times to search all my luggage between the front door and the gate, when I was a teenager I would frequently be pulled aside and searched or even "patted-down," I almost always end up being that random guy who has to have his carry-on swabbed for explosives. While I never found it particularly fun, I realized that this was the reality I lived in which meant I had to get to the airport early enough to make my flight in light of the extra scrutiny that I would be placed under. I knew that sometimes my pants might fall down a bit when I was forced to remove my belt. I knew that there was nothing I could do about it because complaining or being rude or difficult was not an option. That being said:

Quit your bitching, take off your shoes, empty your pockets, pull your laptop out of your carry-on, and shut the fuck up and be thankful that you have enough going for you that you aren't a TSA agent, because believe it or not, most of them don't want to have to grope old ladies and college students for a living.

and now I'm off my soapbox.

No comments:

My dog likes to blog, but he has a short attention span: